Base type OIDs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dan Sugalski
Subject Base type OIDs
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm trying to properly tag the types of the parameters I'm passing
into PQexecParams, as it seems to be the right thing to do, and it's
not that big a deal given my existing code base. Unfortunately I'm
running into a problem figuring out what I should be using for the
tag numbers.

I originally thought that the enum in include/ecpgtype.h was the
place to go, but no joy there -- those numbers weren't right. (Or at
least they threw errors) So instead I tried
src/include/catalog/pg_type.h for the type numbers. (Which seemed a
better bet, as the docs for PQftype say to reference this file)
Unfortunately this isn't working either. I'm trying to use these base
type numbers:

     text data: 1043
     numbers: 1700
     dates: 1082

which correspond to the VARCHAROID, NUMERICOID, and DATEOID
constants. It *seems* right, but when I do I get back the error:

   DB error is: ERROR:  unsupported format code: 1043

I'm at a bit of a loss right now. What *should* I be using here? (Or
is there something simple that I'm missing?)
--
                Dan

                                       teddy bears get drunk